Did you know?
- Sleep affects immune function
- Sleep is restorative (muscle growth, tissue repair, protein synthesis, and growth hormone release occur during sleep)
- Night shift work disrupts the production of melatonin, a powerful anti-cancer hormone & The World Health Organization has labeled night shift work as a class 2 carcinogen,
- Sleep affects body shape more so than diet and exercise
- Sleep detoxifies the brain via the lymphatic system
- Sleep keeps you focused, positive & emotionally stable
- Sleep helps you learn and integrate new skills
- Sleep helps long & short term memory
- Sleep increases hormone secretions, regulating neuroendocrine function of metabolism, growth and reproduction.
- Sleep refuels the brain with glucose so you feel alert when you wake up
Taking the time to improve your sleep will help you feel calmer, happier and get more done!
Leave A Comment